It was a long time ago, longer now than it seems...in a place that perhaps you've seen in your dreams~

/ Sonntag, 15. Januar 2012 /
Self-Portrait sketch, Jan. 2012

So here I am...starting up a new blog! It has been over 2 years since I've stopped writing on my Livejournal account, but now I feel the need of having a more stable way of sharing doodles, sketches and drawings over the web, reason why I've opened this blog~ I thought about what language to use, since my mother-language is actually Portuguese...but because I'm currently living in Berlin (though my German is yet not good enough to write fast blog posts), I decided to post always in English, which is, fortunately or unfortunately, the most vastly-used language around the world. This doesn't mean I will never get into a Portuguese mood and decide to write in Portuguese all of a sudden, but I'll try to give whoever comes here the chance to understand what I write.

Onto more important matters: I should probably introduce myself. My name is Mariana, I was born in Santos, Brazil, where I lived most of my life. I studied in Michigan, USA, for 2 years, where I acquired an Associate's Degree in Illustration. From there, about 4 months ago, I moved here to Berlin...and now I'm currently trying to learn German, get accepted into a University here, etc~ I'm not really good with introductions and end up, as you can tell, talking more about my career rather than anything else, but if this blog really works, you'll end up knowing me little by little...

I am less sure about how to finish this post as I was about how to start it. So I will use the same tactic, and finish with details of the same sketch. I'll post more interesting things later!

Cheers!
M~

Detail of the self-Portrait sketch, Jan. 2012

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

 
Copyright © 2010 Be The Art, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger