The Decount Session

/ Donnerstag, 9. Februar 2012 /
Hello all! So what's new...? The deadline for one specific university portfolio, which I'm applying to, is almost up. Though I was unable to make one drawing per day, I believe it shouldn't be a problem. Thankfully, this specific university accepts USB sticks for digital work, so that makes everything easier. Granted, next university's deadline portfolio only accepts traditional media works...that shall be fun! lol

I was thinking about making a speed painting video, or maybe a tutorial...but I have the feeling that perhaps not many people will watch it at this moment, since my blog is not even a little famous yet.  I started a Facebook page, in order to try to spread my work around, and it has been working better than blogger! I guess it's easier to look at drawings over there, rather than going outside of your way to read a huge post here...we'll see what happens with the videos ideas. Here is the link to the Facebook page, if anyone wants to join: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mariana-Amaral/188212281286244?sk=info

In any case, I have been working with watercolor and different mixed media techniques now, which I found to be quite challenging. I'm the kind of person who is very meticulous, likes to work in specific, tiny details for a *very* long time, and is a little obsessed about controlling ones own work. You can see why watercolor is my nemesis. In some ways, I feel like I need to "let go" in order to paint with watercolor; like I need to let the medium control me, instead of the opposite. It's a tough balance between letting the medium draw the painting on its own, and controlling it. One drop of ink in a moist surface and the watercolor will fade itself into the background, as if its almost alive.

Maybe it's weird to say this, but I feel that watercolor can teach me how to be a better artist. How to have more freedom and not be so obsessed over my own work...

Work in progress...watercolor, Feb. 2012

We'll see where watercolor takes me!

On other news, I've been playing around with making gauges too. I haven't had so much fun in a long time, as I have been working with those! They are not expensive, the materials last a long while, and it gives you a lot of creative room to play with.

Hahahaha, I love how my cat invaded this picture! She looks completely insane!

Based on "Nightmare Before Christmas"...my fav movie of all times<3 can you see Jack's face?

Based on Cthulhu! My partner made this one, but I loved it, so I had to post it too.

I thought about maybe selling those online...I wonder if anyone would be interested in buying them. Something to definitely consider~


...and with that, I shall go to my watercolor war once more!

Cheers!
M~

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

 
Copyright © 2010 Be The Art, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger